Mesh is Oslo’s leading hub for start-up companies, growth companies, creative actors, and innovators. At Mesh Youngstorget and Mesh Nationaltheatret, we offer flexible office solutions for over 2,000 core members and inspiring event venues that annually host over 10,000 people. Mesh is part of the Mesh Community which has locations in Trondheim, Oslo, and Copenhagen.
In September 2022, we are launching our new Workbar with bar, meeting, and event facilities at Mesh Nationaltheatret in Tordenskioldsgate 2. The Workbar is the heart of the building and is open to both members and external guests. It is a social gathering place where you can relax, eat, drink, be inspired, and make new contacts.
Form of employment: Full-time 100%
About the position:
In the Workbar, you are the first point of contact for members and guests at Mesh Youngstorget. You will play an important role in welcoming members in the morning, welcoming event customers, and leading the rest of the workbar team. You will be responsible for the daily operation of the Workbar and ensure that guests and members receive good and efficient service, that the premises are representative at all times and that the team contributes to a good and positive environment. You will collaborate and receive support from the Workbar leader at Mesh Youngstorget, Head of Hospitality, Event coordinator, and Head Chef.
- Opening and closing routines in Workbar
- Control of the daily program in the Workbar and event calendar
- Sales and service
- Handle incoming requests from members, guests, and event customers
- Contact with and order from suppliers
- Management of POS and event booking system
- Serve food and drinks
- Ensure that the premises are kept tidy and representative at all times
- Report wastage and inventory inspections
- Experience in a restaurant, bar, or café. Preferably in a leading role
- Communicates fluently in Norwegian and/or English. Written and oral
- Is comfortable with the use of administrative systems
- Basic technical understanding and interest in learning
- Is a natural leader who gives clear feedback and instructions, while creating a positive, fun, and inclusive environment
- Is sincerely interested in getting to know our members and what they work with. You meet all guests with a smile. Good service is important to you
- Have an eye for detail and like that things are neat around you.
- You are a hands-on and solution-oriented leader
- 100% permanent position with attractive working hours (daytime)
- The opportunity to work in a company with strong growth in a dynamic and exciting industry
- Enter a unique network consisting of current and future business actors
- Professional, young and informal environment
- Flexible work tasks where no two days are alike
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
Apply for the position:
Send an email with your resumé and application to email@example.com, and mark the email “Workbar manager”. We will interview on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
For questions regarding the position, contact Amanda Elf, telephone: +47 47323335.
Applications are evaluated continuously. Start-up September 2022 or after agreement.