We are looking for a Chef to join our kitchen team in Mesh Youngstorget!
In January 2021, Mesh Youngstorget opens in Møllergata 6-8. Two entire buildings with office space, open and flexible workstations, a social Workbar, meeting rooms, podcast studio, exciting event venues and a bar.
The Workbar is the heart of the building, connecting members with the greater community and the general public. The Workbar opens up our services and content to visitors and our community and gives the members a relaxed and stimulating place to connect, get inspired, drink and eat. It’s the gateway to our community. When in, there should be no doubt that you are a part of a workspace and entrepreneurial community where you can use the work services, join the community and enjoy food and beverages. Event spaces, meeting rooms, studios, the lounge, our event program and memberships are visible and accessible and visitors are enabled to easily become members of the community.
As a Chef, you will be responsible for preparing food for our Workbar. The kitchen prepares breakfast, lunch and dinner for our members, guests and event clients. The food concept is authentic, simple and healthy food with quality ingredients. The menu is well-curated to serve a typical workday. You will work closely with the Head Chef and Head of Hospitality.
- You have previous experience as a chef from a restaurant or catering company. You have knowledge about the Norwegian food-safety standard and regulations.
- You like things to be clean and organized around you. The Workbar will have an open kitchen style and tidiness is very important.
- You understand the importance of avoiding food waste and you find creative ways to minimize this.
- You communicate well in a Scandinavian language and/or English and like to work in a small team where you get a lot of responsibility.
- You are a humble person and other people describe you as a team-player.
- Preparing breakfast and snacks for our Workbar service station
- Preparing and cooking our a-la-carte lunch menu
- Making sure food is prepared after the Norwegian food-safety regulations
- Make sure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy
- A full-time position with attractive working hours (daytime)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company in an exciting industry
- A professional, young and informal environment
- A flexible working environment, where no day is the same
- Good staff discounts
- Wages in accordance to agreement
Full-time position, temporary contract 25th of January – 1st of September 2021.
Send an e-mail with application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be performing interviews on a regular basis so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Contact: Amanda Elf, +47 47 32 33 35.